The apostles had to go through those dark days of fear and sadness: Good Friday, Saturday even Easter Sunday and what about the following days?
They waited, talking in hushed tones about all that had happened.
They recalled many of the Master’s words and pondered what they might mean in their present situation.
They clung together and relished the news that Jesus was no longer in the tomb, but what did it mean?
Sometimes the danger, the suffering, the loneliness and the grief are so great that really all we can do is cling to one another and wait. No Easter Alleluias yet.
Then when we sense the presence of the Christ among us, we are comforted even if still fearful.
The situation has not changed, the enemy is still there, and Christ’s Spirit has yet to come with the strength and courage we need.
But we sense the presence of the Risen Christ with us and are comforted and somehow able to be gentler and more loving with one another.
We wait. We long for the coming of your Spirit to enliven us, to strengthen us and to send us forth.
Sister Rosemary Fry
Previous Wisdom Wednesdays
- April 13, 2022: Triumph in the Face of Evil
- April 6, 2022: An Invitation to Compassion
- March 30, 2022: Follow the Journey of Jesus
- March 23, 2022: Three Questions
- March 16, 2022: Preparing for the Future
- March 9, 2022: What is God Saying?
- March 2, 2022: Ash Wednesday
- February 23, 2022: Living Fully in the Present
- February 16, 2022: How Can I Not Judge?
- February 9, 2022: Centers of Care:
- January 26, 2022: A New Soul
- January 19, 2022: Pray for Unity
- January 12, 2022: Have You Heard the Voice of God?
- January 5, 2022: Epiphany
- November 3, 2021: Fallen Leaves and Saints
- October 20, 2021: All Saints Day & All Souls Day
- October 13, 2021: Blackwater Pond
- October 6, 2021: Death is Not Forever
- September 29, 2021: In Nature
- September 22, 2021: Sleeping in the Forest
- September 15, 2021: Season of Creation
- September 8, 2021: A Sharp Turn in Our Journey
- August 11, 2021: An Invitation From Jesus
- July 21, 2021: Cannonball Moments
- July 14, 2021: Consolation and Desolation
- July 7, 2021: Who is This God You Seek to Serve?
- June 30, 2021: Praying with the Gospel Stories
- June 23, 2021: Walking the Path of Life
- June 16, 2021: A Saint for Strong Willed People
- June 9, 2021: God's Flowing Love
- June 2, 2021: I Will Not Leave You Comfortless
- May 26, 2021: Celebrating Our Beginnings
- May 19, 2021: Before the Cannon Struck
- May 12, 2021: The Fruit of Jesus
- May 5, 2021: A Branch of Jesus
- April 28, 2021: Living One Day at a Time
- April 21, 2021: The Blessing of Pope Francis