Sisters of Service of Canada
Founded in 1922 with their headquarters in Toronto, the Sisters of Service of Canada provided a Catholic presence among the newly-arrived immigrants and isolated settlers from the ports to their homesteads. They were teachers, catechists, nurses and social workers among those most in need.
At the request of Toronto Archbishop Neil McNeil, two Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto provided leadership and formation during the first six years until 1928.
In 2011, the Sisters of Service signed a sponsorship agreement with the congregation to provide leadership in the closing years of the community.