In this the holiest of weeks of the liturgical year, we accompany Jesus during his last week of human life and at the same time hold within us the suffering peoples of our world. As we move through these sad solemn days, can we ponder: who are we, who is Christ for us, and who is this great mystery we call God for us?
The war in Ukraine and the immense suffering of the peoples of Ukraine and Russia and all the interconnected peoples of our world seems like Christ’s passion and death lived out once more in our world with the forces of evil once again triumphing over the forces of love, compassion and mercy.
But wait, wait in silence and in hope. Answer these questions for yourself and for our world. Who is triumphant in the face of all evil? And how can we take part in this triumph?
First prize if you remember that this week ends with the Easter Vigil and the celebration of the Resurrection.
We are to be a people of hope; a people of joy.
Sister Rosemary Fry
Previous Wisdom Wednesdays
- April 6, 2022: An Invitation to Compassion
- March 30, 2022: Follow the Journey of Jesus
- March 23, 2022: Three Questions
- March 16, 2022: Preparing for the Future
- March 9, 2022: What is God Saying?
- March 2, 2022: Ash Wednesday
- February 23, 2022: Living Fully in the Present
- February 16, 2022: How Can I Not Judge?
- February 9, 2022: Centers of Care:
- January 26, 2022: A New Soul
- January 19, 2022: Pray for Unity
- January 12, 2022: Have You Heard the Voice of God?
- January 5, 2022: Epiphany
- November 3, 2021: Fallen Leaves and Saints
- October 20, 2021: All Saints Day & All Souls Day
- October 13, 2021: Blackwater Pond
- October 6, 2021: Death is Not Forever
- September 29, 2021: In Nature
- September 22, 2021: Sleeping in the Forest
- September 15, 2021: Season of Creation
- September 8, 2021: A Sharp Turn in Our Journey
- August 11, 2021: An Invitation From Jesus
- July 21, 2021: Cannonball Moments
- July 14, 2021: Consolation and Desolation
- July 7, 2021: Who is This God You Seek to Serve?
- June 30, 2021: Praying with the Gospel Stories
- June 23, 2021: Walking the Path of Life
- June 16, 2021: A Saint for Strong Willed People
- June 9, 2021: God's Flowing Love
- June 2, 2021: I Will Not Leave You Comfortless
- May 26, 2021: Celebrating Our Beginnings
- May 19, 2021: Before the Cannon Struck
- May 12, 2021: The Fruit of Jesus
- May 5, 2021: A Branch of Jesus
- April 28, 2021: Living One Day at a Time
- April 21, 2021: The Blessing of Pope Francis