The entrance antiphon for today, taken from Psalm 17, prays:
“My deliverer from angry nations you set me above my assailants; you saved me from the violent man.”
These words certainly call for deep faith, as in prayer, we again accompany Jesus on the road to Jerusalem and the certain cruel death he faced those many years ago.
At the same time these past weeks, we have also walked with the Ukrainian and Russian people as they suffer the effects of war: so much destruction, loss of life, and suffering.
We cry out with Jesus and the Ukrainian and Russian peoples: “My Deliverer” be with me in this immense suffering, strengthen me with your love that I may walk with courage among the flames as did Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. (Daniel 3:13-20,24,49-50,91-95)
This is what the totally countercultural belief in the Resurrection demands of us. It invites us to compassion, to face the reality of enormous evil and suffering with compassion, not without pain, but without loss of hope and confidence in the power of Love.
Sister Rosemary Fry
Previous Wisdom Wednesdays
- March 30, 2022: Follow the Journey of Jesus
- March 23, 2022: Three Questions
- March 16, 2022: Preparing for the Future
- March 9, 2022: What is God Saying?
- March 2, 2022: Ash Wednesday
- February 23, 2022: Living Fully in the Present
- February 16, 2022: How Can I Not Judge?
- February 9, 2022: Centers of Care:
- January 26, 2022: A New Soul
- January 19, 2022: Pray for Unity
- January 12, 2022: Have You Heard the Voice of God?
- January 5, 2022: Epiphany
- November 3, 2021: Fallen Leaves and Saints
- October 20, 2021: All Saints Day & All Souls Day
- October 13, 2021: Blackwater Pond
- October 6, 2021: Death is Not Forever
- September 29, 2021: In Nature
- September 22, 2021: Sleeping in the Forest
- September 15, 2021: Season of Creation
- September 8, 2021: A Sharp Turn in Our Journey
- August 11, 2021: An Invitation From Jesus
- July 21, 2021: Cannonball Moments
- July 14, 2021: Consolation and Desolation
- July 7, 2021: Who is This God You Seek to Serve?
- June 30, 2021: Praying with the Gospel Stories
- June 23, 2021: Walking the Path of Life
- June 16, 2021: A Saint for Strong Willed People
- June 9, 2021: God's Flowing Love
- June 2, 2021: I Will Not Leave You Comfortless
- May 26, 2021: Celebrating Our Beginnings
- May 19, 2021: Before the Cannon Struck
- May 12, 2021: The Fruit of Jesus
- May 5, 2021: A Branch of Jesus
- April 28, 2021: Living One Day at a Time
- April 21, 2021: The Blessing of Pope Francis